I usually begin a project with unrealistically high hopes and sadly, when working with stones, I almost always screw up. Over the years I’ve tried to ensure that the wax model I make will fit the stone and I’m careful to use delicate movements to retrieve the stone from the wax setting once I’m happy that the setting will work. In the case of these 2 rings though I’ve had to use different, smaller stones after the model has been cast and I’m pretty sure it’s because of shrinkage between the wax model and the silver cast. I’ve never been one to measure twice and cut once but I think it’s time I used my callipers. In the meantime it’s back to manipulating silver over stones for a snug and secure fit.